Hi guys, so here’s my first offical blog post for my new blog. I’m starting over! I may bring some of my old blog posts along of reviews etc, but most the post will be new and fresh!
Today we are making Easter Nests, now kids are an optional extra for making these — however if you like licking the spoon, lock the kitchen door and don’t say a word about what you doing – not even to your husband – these creatures are worse than children.
You will need:
225g/8oz plain chocolate, broken into pieces.2 tbsp golden syrup
36 mini chocolate eggs. – 36 will give you 3 eggs per cake, you’ll need 1 and a bit bags.
Marzipan to make chicks optional
- Line a 12 hole fairy cake tin with paper cases of your choice.
- Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a a bowl, and place of a pan of gently simmering water. (not allowing the bowl to come in contact with the water)
Stir until all smooth
- Remove bowl from heat, if its big enough add the cornflakes to the same bowl. if not pour your chocolate mixture into another bowl with the cornflakes.
- Once nicely mixed together divide in your paper case adding your mini eggs and any extras.
- Chill for 1 hour to make sure they are set — if you can haven’t already given into temptation.
check out our video over on youtube.